General Purpose of the Position
The USBands Event Manager plays a key role in facilitating the operational aspects of all USBands sanctioned and sponsored events. This includes Fall Marching Band Competitions (National, State and Regional Championships), USBands Indoor (guard and percussion) events, USBands Concert Series events, YEA!'s summer drum corps events, and supporting other YEA! Departments with logistical and operational duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall coordination of event logistics as they relate to the performer, staff, adjudicator, volunteer, and patron experience
- On-site event management as it relates to the coordination of personnel, subcontractors, vendors, volunteers, and patrons
- Negotiate agreements/contracts with stadiums, vendors, and subcontractors as they relate to the event
- Oversee procurement purchasing and client needs with regard to catering, audio/visual, security, equipment/vehicle, and other related event materials
- Identify all aspects of event risk assessment and crisis management planning strategies
- Complete verification of post-event activities as they relate to debriefings, analysis, and payment of invoices and settlements
- Maintain accurate data and files using provided systems and tools
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Experience in event management and planning, volunteer management, or related fields
- Ability to solve problems and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel - some events and seasons require heavy travel and most events take place at night or on weekends outside of normal work hours
- Physical ability to load and unload trucks, lift 50 lbs, work a long day standing and walking
Salary commensurate with experience
LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
This is an exempt salaried position, requiring significant weekend commitments and travel.
YEA! is a not for profit organization with offices in Allentown, PA which services young people after school and on weekends. Consequently, there are a number of weekends involved in the position. Travel can be within the tri-state area but there are, on occasion, national events to attend, as well as regional and special events.
Full time office hours are Monday – Friday, 8-5 and additional hours may be warranted during more active periods.
If interested, please email your resume and a letter of interest to Jim Sheeley, USBands Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. With the subject line “Operations Manager - Your Name.” The position is available immediately. The location of the office is downtown, Allentown, PA.