General Purpose of the Position
Support the Director of Operations in carrying out the responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Department.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for support and oversight of initiatives of the Marketing and Communications department including, but not limited to ensuring that the programs of Youth Education in the Arts, as well as our sales efforts, receive the best and broadest possible exposure for the full range of its activities locally, regionally and nationally. Focus includes e-communications, fundraising and sales, expanding visibility of programs, and program growth.
The Marketing Manager will work directly with the Marketing Consultant and coordinates with the Program Directors to create a Strategic Marketing plan and rollout strategy in fundraising, sales, USBands, The Cadets and Xcape.
This is a hands-on position. Content, social media savvy, and website experience will be very much needed and will be utilized. Most managers at YEA! are “player-coaches”. We are small, and as a result, we do, and we manage others in the completion of tasks.
The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect and communicate the brand of YEA! and our programs furthering our reputation as a world-class youth agency in regional and national markets
- Develop & implement the overall communication strategy in cooperation with the Marketing Consultant
- Generate news stories and dynamic content that develops the YEA! brand and a sense of online community for YEA!
- Support revenue-generating efforts, including, but not limited to fundraising campaigns, sponsorship activation, merchandise and ticket sales.
- Create content and write copy for marketing collateral including, but not limited to print, newsletters, website, and social media
- Oversee website content
- Manage and facilitate all aspects of the organization’s e-communications and digital marketing, including social media, email, and e-newsletters
- Ensure highest degree of quality and accuracy in all materials
- Manage a high volume of content for the organization in the band and drum corps media markets to support YEA! goals for participation and revenue.
- Work closely with YEA! departments regarding institutional communications and messaging to all stakeholder groups including donors, board, patrons, students, alumni, band directors, volunteers and community partners
- Create or collaborate with graphic designer(s) to create assets needed for marketing
- Develop and oversee calendars for targeted digital communications and social media engagement
- Use web analytics to monitor, report on and make recommendations for improvements to our organization’s website, social media, email, and e-newsletters
- Support “All-Hands” Events throughout the year
- Other duties as assigned
- Touring team that will include seasonal employees and interns to document The Cadets
- Internal team of adjuncts and volunteers that include content creators, videographers, photographers, and graphic designer(s)
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree is required in a related field; with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Pageantry of Arts experience desired
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Photography, videography and/or graphic design skills are a plus
- Technical and writing ability to make website updates
- Basic understanding of analytics
- Supervisory experience of a proactive communications and marketing department.
- Superior interpersonal skills, and ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency
- Skills demonstrating tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of organizational structure (mission, goals and objectives), department policies and procedures
- A successful candidate will thrive under pressure, be able to balance multiple priorities, and establish her/himself as a trusted resource internally by employees and externally by band directors, teaching staff, fans and alumni
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
Health/Vision/Dental/401K, PTO and Holidays
Travel, Nights and Weekends
YEA! is a not for profit organization with offices in Allentown, PA which services young people after school and on weekends. Consequently, there are a number of weekends involved in the position. Travel can be within the tri-state area but there are, on occasion, national events to attend, as well as regional and special events.
Full-time office hours are Monday – Friday, 8-5 and additional hours may be warranted during more active periods. There are weekend and evening requirements depending on the time of season. Telecommuting may be permissible for the ideal candidate.
If interested, please email your cover letter (including compensation expectation), resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately. The location of the office is downtown, Allentown, PA.