Music Licensing in 2017

This year, USBands will operate under a much more strict licensing compliance stance. Every band that participates in one of the USBands events must have proof of proper licensing of the songs that are part of their performance. Last year, we did a trial run and many of our groups did very well. Now, as we embellish our relationship with music publishers, we all need to do our part.

We understand that for some of you, this may be a struggle. As many of you know, The Cadets are playing Leonard Bernstein's MASS this summer and licensing was difficult. They persevered and were successful. We don't anticipate that any of you will have that kind of struggle, but it's time to get to work. Proper music licensing must happen. 

Along with the folks at Tresona, we have created a form for you to fill out where you can list your repertoire and where you acquired it (legally purchased or licensed for a custom agreement) - or if it is public domain or original work. If you have any questions regarding the necessary licenses for your ensemble - here is a link to document created by the folks at CBDNA laying out the 'rules of the road' as far as how music needs to be licensed depending on use. Guidelines For Using Copyrighted Material In Marching Band Arrangements: Custom and Published

Please use this link to fill out the repertoire form: 2017 USBands Repertoire Submission Form

Feel free to reach out to Director of USBands, Steve Petzinger, at or email if you have any questions. 

2017_Cadets_Holiday Campaign Pop Up Content

Matching Challenge

For a limited time only, your donation is matched dollar-for-dollar.

Support your favorite section today!


YEA! Account

For questions about your account, contact or call 484-387-1155.