We want people to love us, help us, come see us and be in our envents! That's where you come in!
This may be a chance for you to work at a job that matches your time constraints. It's perfect for guard people, drum guys, band aficionados and visual gurus. Youth Education in the Arts is in the middle of a sales spree!
- We have bands to place in 140 events for the Fall.
- We have 700 bands that we communicate with via phone and email.
- We have five drum corps shows we are managing this summer.
- We have a leadership workshop in April.
- We have five "Music is Cool" events coming up.
- And much more!!!!
As you can tell, we have a lot to do! In order to accomplish all that we're up to, we are looking for people who are personable, happy, joyful and people-connectors to join our band relations team. Under the eye of Kevin Harrison, Director of USBands, you will join a current crew of five to help us hit the phones, send emails, work with our social media team, and in short, deliver what we have to offer to folks who may not even know about all of the great things YEA! has to offer.
What does this position look like?
- You need to be in Allentown to work in band relations.
- Our suggested hours are 8:30 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.
- The gig includes:
- Calls and emails and all other contact do band directors.
- Event management on weekends , particularly during the Fall.
- Admin work and keeping track of the customers.
What's The Salary?
$30K for entry level and up to $40K if you have experience in sales and customer service.
You will do well in this position if...
- You're comfortable speaking with band directors.
- You can talk about The Cadets and band programs.
- You understand the difference between a xylophone and a marimba.
- You are high energy and driven.
- You love to work in teams but you can get the work done without someone "on your back".
- YEA! has lots of great programs including The Cadets, Cadets2, XCAPE (our hip hop dance company). We also work with 700 marching bands, 45 concert ensembles and 72 indoor ensembles. In order to provide the services we do, we need to engage far more people in the activity we all love!
We'll be hiring quickly, so don't wait to apply! Let us know you're interested, what you can do, and we'll be in touch!