For 30 years, USBands has showcased marching band performances from small hometown stadiums to the largest, world class professional and university venues in the nation. In 2018, we've put together a schedule which once again celebrates the individual performers - from their local competitions to their National Championship performance - with many stops along the way.
The 30th Anniversary USBands season will feature nearly 90 local Showcase events in 15 states providing over 1,000 individual band performances at home stadiums across America.
Since it's inception, USBands has always prided itself on giving students the opportunity to see themselves on the "big stage." This year has no less than 15 Regional Championship events criss-crossing the nation.
- The Regional schedule kicks-off with the Northern Virginia Regional in a new site at South County High School in Fairfax, VA on September 22.
- The Marine Corps Invitational returns to Navy & Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD on September 29.
- A return to Florida is on the schedule with the Florida Regional, September 29 in Jupiter, FL.
- Franklin Field on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania will host bands from throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast on October 6.
- Two Yamaha Cups are on the schedule with mid-season extravaganzas at MetLife Stadium in E. Rutherford and Wagner High School in San Antonio, TX on October 13.
- New to the 2018 calendar is the Midwest Regional in Van Buren, AR for bands from the Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas and surrounding states.
- The Quad States Championship return to South Dakota State's DakotaDome on October 20 to serve the outstanding bands from North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota.
- Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas is the training facility for the Dallas Cowboys and the home to the UBands Southwestern Regional on October 20 as Texas bands come down the homestretch of their marching season.
- November 3 brings with it Regional Championships across the Northeast with separate events for New Jersey, New England (Connecticut), Mid-Atlantic (Maryland).
- The Remo Finale Series caps off the regular season for bands in Texas with separate events in Dallas (Midlothian), Austin (Round Rock) and Houston (TBD) on November 3.
Originating in 2002, USBands State Championships have grown to become some of the most popular competitions for students, parents and directors. This year State Championship events will be held over two weeks on October 20 (Virginia and Maryland) and October 27-28 (New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania).
While bands throughout the Southeast states including Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky and Tennessee converge on Finley Stadium at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga for the 2018 Southern States Championships on November 3.
The 30th Anniversary season will end with three National Championship events.
On November 3 & 4, A Class bands will converge on venerable J. Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown, PA for the 2018 USBand A Class National Championships for two full days of competition for up to 90 bands.
MetLife Stadium in E. Rutherford, NJ will be the site for the 65 bands competing in the 2018 Open Class National Championships on November 10.
Meanwhile, AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas will host the 2018 USBands National Championship: Western Edition on November 10 for up to 50 bands from Texas, the Midwest and Southwest regions.
For your opportunity to showcase your marching band in one of these Championship events, preregister today at usbands.org or email questions to usbands.org. Registration for all 2018 USBands 30th Anniversary event open on Monday, March 5.