Since the very earliest days of USBands, the quality of adjudication and service to educators and students has been at the forefront of everything we do. While expansion and other circumstances may have periodically impacted our ability to deliver upon that promise, USBands reconfirms our commitment in 2020 to provide consistent, high quality and actionable analysis and commentary at every one of our events.
No matter your band’s style, number of marching members, size of budget, or experience of instructional and design teams, your students and program will always have a home in which to grow and excel at USBands. This will always be our commitment to you.
For 2020, USBands will continue to deliver on our mission, which has guided us for over 32 years
• Professionally-facilitated critiques between adjudicators and educational, instructional, and design teams at every Local and select Regional events
• Performance opportunities in up to 12 classes based on a program’s size and level of achievement
• Leading-edge digital delivery of scores and commentary in line with national activity standards and norms
• Nationally-recruited Adjudication panels curated from a diverse background of educators, designers, and instructors providing robust and meaningful analysis and commentary to improve your student’s individual and overall ensemble experience
• Credentialed adjudicators incentivized to continue their professional development in service to the programs in USBands
New for 2020
This coming fall will see the addition of Overall Visual Effect and Overall Music Effect to all events. This change means that all USBands events will have a minimum of FIVE adjudicators. Our Gold events and Texas events will continue to have seven adjudicators with the addition of percussion and color guard captions. Accordingly, there will be 60 points (3 adjudicators) in the music captions and 40 points (2 adjudicators) in the visual captions.
Additionally in 2020, we will be improving upon the roles, responsibilities, and professional development opportunities for adjudicators to recruit and retain the best talent available and provide better service at USBands events. These improvements include:
• The Chief Adjudicator's role will be expanded to have significant responsibility onsite at events and additional training opportunities for new and returning adjudicators.
• The introduction of peer commentary review for all adjudicators in USBands at least once during the season.
• Adjudication Symposiums hosted throughout the summer
Looking to the future, USBands is investing in a significant initiative with the assistance of e-Adjudicate to guarantee every Adjudicator in the 2021 season is credentialed through the e-Adjudicate Level 100 and future training in subsequent Levels.
We are proud to provide these improved services and more with no increase to the membership or participation fees for 2020
USBands commitment to the expansion of the adjudication panels and professional development of our adjudicators are the first in a long line of improvements and re-dedication of our service to the marching band community we are so honored to serve. Watch for more announcements and details coming soon.
Enrollment for the USBands 2020 Fall Marching Season begins on MARCH FOURTH, with Pre-Enrollment for Premium Events available to USBands Prime Member Schools immediately. Visit usbands.org for details.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback regarding USBands, please contact us at Marching@usbands.org.