- Plan healthy/nutritious meal menus in advance, 4 meals per day including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack
- Provide meals for members/staff according to special needs (vegetarians, allergies, etc.)
- Plan food orders and communicate to Operations Manager in a timely manner
- Responsible for budget-control
- Prepare daily shopping lists for the admin team Errand Runner
- Maintain organization of the truck (dry goods, refrigerator, cans, cookware, etc.)
- Maintain a sanitary environment in the food truck
- Manage the packing and unpacking of the truck
- Assign tasks to the volunteers, schedule their day according to the number of volunteers present, and the schedule for the day
- Provide guidance, direction, and recipes to the volunteers
- Provide customer service to the members, staff, and volunteers
- Keep an open line of communication with the Operations Manager
- Communicate any issues on the truck with the Operations Manager
- Must be able to work independently and manage others
LOCATION and SCHEDULE
The position will be structured primarily around the corps’ summer tour and will require travel with The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps. The summer training camp and tour origination point will be in the Philadelphia, PA area. The summer season runs from roughly May 15 to June 15. Ideally, the Lead Cook commits to working the full 4 weeks. Exceptional candidates who are only available to work one or more blocks of at least two weeks may be considered. Scheduling flexibility to accommodate serious pre-existing personal or school-related commitments will be applied when possible.
The Lead Cook is a paid position, with tour travel, housing, transportation, and food provided. The successful candidate will be provided transportation to and from the Philadelphia, PA tour origination location.
Please follow this link to submit a short cover letter expressing your experience and interest in the position, resume and references.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity.
The Cadets Drum & Bugle Corps requires criminal background checks for all employees, independent contractors, instructional and administrative staff, and interns regardless of whether these are paid or unpaid positions.