The role of the USBands Relations is to engage and cultivate relationships with band directors in core and emerging markets through creative and effective sales strategies, as well as serve as an event manager on-site during day-of-event activities at marching band, drum corps and indoor color guard and percussion events throughout the year as assigned.
The USBands Relations Manager reports directly to the USBands Director and works closely with the USBands Event Manager. Much of the day-to-day focus is on recruiting units to participate in local, regional and national events for fall and winter events utilizing all marketing vehicles including in-person meetings, e-mail, website, telephone and social media. The Relations Manager sells additional services to participants as an ambassador of YEA!'s mission, goals, and objectives to service the needs of ensembles. (e.g., instruments, show tickets, clinics, etc.) The Band Relations Manager works closely with the USBands team on strategic initiatives for overall growth of the circuit.
- Cultivation of established relationships with current member units
- Prospecting and research to develop highly qualified target lists for USBands expansion
- Creation and execution of sales plan incorporating onsite visits to bands, regional meetings, music education trade shows and video conferences
- Develop outreach strategies to connect with new schools to participate in the USBands; including marketing and promotional opportunities to maximize participation
- Identifying and executing customer experience initiatives to improve unit’s involvement in USBands
- Work closely with the USBands Director to outline sales strategy on monthly and quarterly basis to achieve objectives outlined the USBands strategic plan
- Execute sales strategy to meet or exceed monthly and annual sales objectives/units
- Recruit for various types of events based upon the season. (e.g., marching bands, indoor guards and percussion ensembles and concert bands, orchestras and choral groups)
- Sell additional services to participants as an ambassador of YEA!'s mission, goals, and objectives to service the needs of ensembles. (e.g., instruments, show tickets, clinics, etc.)
Event Management Responsibilities
- During the busy fall and winter schedules, responsible for functioning as an Event Manager at select events as assigned
- Responsibilities include managing a team of 12-50 Event Staff and Volunteers, working as a liaison between the band directors, facility personnel, guests and co-hosts of the event
- Financial management of the event with the assistance of the Finance Director assigned to the event
- Management of database to keep files and data as current as possible, manipulation of this data for recruitment and event communication purposes
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis to USBands Director
- BS/BA degree required
- Significant customer service experience and sales experience required
- Familiarity with marching/pageantry arts required, experience in administration or teaching a plus
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written, including excellent phone skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented, punctual, and flexible
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of general office software such as the Microsoft suite, Google Drive, and quickly able to learn and master others (Civi, Asana, EMMA, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Dedicated to the mission and core values of USBands and YEA!
Location and Schedule
YEA! is a not for profit organization with offices in Allentown, PA which services young people after school and on weekends. Consequently, there are a number of weekends involved in the position. Travel can be within the tri-state area but there are, on occasion, national events to attend, as well as regional and special events.
Full-time office hours are Monday – Friday, 8-5 and additional hours may be warranted during more active periods. Telecommuting may be permissible for the ideal candidate.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base Salary plus incentive compensation structure, commensurate with experience
If interested, please email your resume and a letter of interest to Vicki Ferrence Ray, YEA! Executive Director at email@example.com. The position is available immediately. The location of the office is downtown, Allentown, PA. Telecommuting may be permissible for the ideal candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. YEA! offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity.